Thursday, May 21, 2009

Catching Up

Wow, it is almost Friday agian. This has been a really hectic week with lots going on that I won't bore you with...but I am glad we have worked through so much and we are looking forward to a great holiday weekend.

I had to go back to the orthopedic doctor on Tuesday for the results of my MRI and found that I have two tears in the meniscus of my knee...one on each side. I will be having surgery next Wednesday to repair the tears. Great...just what I didn't need right now, but better to get it done than have my knee buckle and go out on me just walking....which is what he said would happen at some point in time and with no warning. The surgery is really no big deal as I have already had it done on both knees before. Wow...guess I am just hard on the knees. LOL The only hard part is that you just have to walk around for about a week with one stiff leg. But, then it doesn't hurt anymore.

However, I am not letting that stop me between now and next Wednesday, because...Zachary's baseball team is playing in a tournament which starts tonight. Go Pirates! And, tomorrow I am helping Jennifer with a pizza party/sleepover for Lauren's 9th birthday party as Scott has gone with Andrew on a 5th grade trip to San Antonio for a sleep over under the shark tank at Sea World. And, while all of this partying is going on, Karen and Kenneth have out of town company coming in for the holiday weekend. And, finally on Monday, Lauren and I have planned a trip to the American Girl Doll Store in Dallas for lunch and a day of shopping. So, by next Wednesday I will be ready for the rest. LOL

And, just to let you know...Mark is busy too...he is keeping Scott's truck over the weekend and has already started what else...WAXING!

So, just in case things get really busy over the weekend and I don't post, you understand why, but I will have lots of pictures when you next see me.

7 comments:

  1. Well OK I am counting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your knee surgery next week. will keep you in our prayers. Tell Mark I put the third coat of Klasse Glaze on the lower two thirds of the coach today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dortha! So sorry you're having to go through surgery again. Hope it goes well and you're back on your feet quickly. For such a little thing, it's hard to believe you're so hard on your knees! ;)

    Take care. Big hugs to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the knee surgery! I know you'll ace it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking of you. Sorry to hear about your knees. Nothing will keep you down for long though..
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dortha,
    Will keep you and your health care team in our prayers. Behave, and follow their instructions. :)
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will be thinking of you--take care of yourself...

    ReplyDelete