Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just Catching Up…

Wow, the days since I last posted have been busy ones.   And, even though we aren’t out traveling the highways and the byways, we have had a lot to keep us busy.

So, let me see…we arrived home on Easter Sunday in time to enjoy

Easter 2010 108

all the grandkids.  They had a great time with their

Easter 2010 054  confetti eggs.  The action got a little wild between

Easter 2010 058

brother and sister.  It was all in good fun, but when it was all over, it was time to

Easter 2010 096

clean up the mess.  And, while Caden did the clean up…

Easter 2010 081

Kourtney was counting and making sure that all of her confetti eggs were still in one piece.

What a good day we had with the kids.

Then,  Monday came and it was time to get on top of the chores.  We also were looking forward to seeing Weldon and Sandy come in town for a few days.  They needed some service work at Camping World.  It was really great to spend some time with them.  We visited, we shopped, we ate, and we visited some more.  And, first thing we knew the week had passed by and it was time for them to return to their home base in East Texas.  It was so nice to have them here and fun to get caught up with old friends.

It was then the weekend again and more grandkid fun…there was gymnastics, soccer, baseball, and hockey.  Wow, I think we covered them all!

We also enjoyed getting back to our home church.  It is always nice to visit and worship with our long time friends.

WHAT….it’s Monday already again?  And, time for me to rise, shine, and head out for Jury Duty.   It has been a long time since my name came up for this community service.  Here in Texas, jurors are picked by a lottery system from your driver’s license.  So, it is just the luck of the draw…and today…almost 500 of us lucky folks gathered at the Tarrant County Court House and waited and waited.

Finally, my name was called to join a pool of 60 of those other lucky folks.  We were sent to a Criminal Court where the final 12 would be chosen to hear a case of Capital Murder.  After all day of questions, recesses, questions, and more recesses, the 12 were named and the rest of us were released from our duty.  So, at almost 6:00, I called Mark to come to pick me up.  It was a long day, but very interesting.

Yesterday, Mark had his annual visit with the doctor and got a see you next year report!  That is the kind of report we like.

I was not as fortunate with my appointment with my orthopedic doctor.  He indicated that my broken collarbone was not healed and I would need to return next month for an additional x-ray.  It doesn’t hurt and he said it would just take time and if in 5 or 6 months it isn’t healed, then we would discuss surgery.

There was also a dental appointment for me…my regular cleaning, etc.

We also got our taxes done, and yikes, no deductions this year so we got to pay back a little money.  We discussed a few options with Paul, our taxman, and we are in the process of looking into a few options.

With all of our appointments behind us, we are now working on summer and fall plans and anxious to get back out on the road.

Stayed tuned to how those develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment