Thursday, April 30, 2009

At Last!

Yes, after 18 days in Red Bay, we are finally finished. This morning

we made one last trip through the paint bay for a little touch up and some buffing. As soon as they were finished in the paint booth, Mark was directed


to the opposite end of the service center where the issue with the jack was addressed. It was determined that it had gotten into a bind and needed to be replaced. While Mark was taking care of all this, I went to take care of the last of the laundry. We both arrived back to the campsite about 10:00. WOW...we just looked at each other like...are we really finished and what are we going to do for the rest of the day?
He asked, did I want to go to Fulton or Russelville to Walmart? I thought for a minute and said I had a better plan. And, it went something like this...the slides are in, everything is packed away, and yes, I need to go to Walmart, so.......let's head on to Tunica, get set up, brush away some of this Red Bay dirt, and go to Walmart in South Haven. He agreed...so he started picking up everything outside, while I double checked the inside. Now for the rest of the story...
Something told me to check the blind that had been worked on. OH NO, it won't work. It still bunches up and rolls crooked. As I am about to cry, Mark heads off to find Daniel, our service tech, who tells us to pull up behind bay #5 and he will take a look at it. I knew it was too good to be true. So, out came the blind with the question of how long to install a new one? The first answer was maybe next week. At that point, Mark explained...that is not acceptable and I suggest you call whoever can get this blind replaced in about the next hour. Guess what, I got a new blind shortly after lunch. Works great.
With that accomplished, we were back to our plan. While Mark was getting the car hooked up, I went to the office to check out. OH NO, I was 4th in line and not to bore you with all the details, let's just say that little job took about an hour. However, it was worth the wait and I left the check out without paying them anything. In fact, they are sending me a reimbursement check for some work we had to have done away from there. Hey, that's not too bad of a deal. Next, stop was the campground office to officially check out of the campground. And, once again, I didn't have to pay anything. The policy at the campground is "no charge" for the first year while the motor home is in warranty.
Now...don't look back, don't check out anything else...LOL...let's go.. At last, we are pulling out of Red Bay. Next stop, Tunica, Mississippi...

This is one of the roads to Tunica. It is highway 4 which takes you from 78 to I55 which then heads you north towards Memphis. Well, as we were enjoying this little road,

this was the site in front of us, which soon turned our little road

into this. Thank goodness, it only lasted for a short time and soon we were

seeing this blue sky and

this sign which let's me know it isn't too far to

this sign, which leads us to

to here. And when we pass this sign, it is just down the road to the

Hollywood RV park where we are all settled in for the weekend. Now, we are just waiting for Jim and Ellie to get here tomorrow

to claim this site.

We also look forward to John and Bridget joining us on Sunday for lunch and an afternoon visit.

What a fun weekend to look forward to. We will probably even have to make ourselves have dinner at Paula Deen's Buffet at Harrah's. And, there is always shopping at the outlet mall...and oh yes, there is a slot machine or two to be found.

8 comments:

  1. I read both you guys and Ellie and Jim's blog and wonder if an Allegro product is a quality RV. Seems like both of you have spent an inordinate amount of time at the factory. You've spent several weeks this year getting repairs. What will this cost once you are out of warranty? Perhaps that is just the cost of playing the game!
    Rod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rod...we have spent alot of time at the factory...most of it is time spent waiting your turn, since it is for the most part, first come, first served. Once you get to your turn, it only takes a few days to get the work done. And, some of our issues was us being too particular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wondered about the attraction of Tiffin owners to this Red Bay campground, but now that I hear they are paying you to come and visit it all becomes very clear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. Even though it took a while it sounds like everything got fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya I'm sure if I broke down and spend that kind of money, I'd be just as particular. I really do like the look and feel of both your and E & J's coaches. Not so sure I want to live in Red Bay LoL. Have fun on your travels this summer.

    Rod & Loyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rod...

    Red Bay isn't so bad if you don't mind packing a sack lunch for the trip to Walmart. LOL

    Dortha

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to hear RV-Dreamers are meeting up all over the place. Good to see you're back on the road.

    ReplyDelete