Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Look Ahead...

The motor home did well in Red Bay.  All repairs were accomplished in record time.  We have a new window, a great new and upgraded radio and a new antenna.  We also had the year end regular maintenance done...you know, oil changed, etc.

Wish I could say the same about my computer.  It still doesn't work.  Mark and I are sharing well, but using his computer for writing blogs is a little difficult for me, so you are are getting only words...no pictures.  I still don't know if my computer can be fixed or if it will be replaced.  My nephew will be checking it out when we get to Texas.  However, just in case it can't be fixed, I have been shopping at Best Buy and have my eye on a new one!  So, soon, one way or the other, I will be back to my regular postings with pictures included.

After leaving Red Bay last Sunday, we traveled to Birmingham.  We have been here all week and have had a great time visiting with my brother and family.  Also, Jim and Ellie have been here in the same campground while their car is undergoing a few repairs.  Sorry, about the car, but, we have enjoyed spending a little extra time with them in between visits with family.

Our time here has come to an end and tomorrow which is Thursday, we will be packing up and making our way to Texas.  We have a planned stop in Vicksburg and maybe one Shreveport before arriving in Fort Worth on Saturday.  We are looking forward to spending time with our moms, kids, and grand kids for the next few weeks.

After visits, doctor appointments, and a little other business, we will plan to go on to the Rio Grande Valley the later part of October or the first of November.   We want to get the coach house open and get a little work done before we go back to Fort Worth for the holidays.  Then, after Christmas, we will go back to the RGV where we will spend a few months in hopes that the weather will be warmer than last winter!

We have had a absolute great summer and fall, and now, we look ahead to the winter and spending time with family in Texas and our extended family at Retama Village.  I am sure there will be lots of adventures with both.

Hopefully by the next time I post, I will be back to my own computer, programs, and pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your computer!! I remember how it is to have it "not feeling well." LOL
    Sharing is not always easy. Its like borrowing a pair of jeans...you can do it but they just don't feel the same.

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete