Sunday, November 9, 2008

Preparing To Leave

Yesterday and today were suppose to be spent cleaning, doing laundry, etc. in preparation to leave Savannah in the morning. However, on Friday evening, Mark was using his computer from his lazy boy as usual, when he spotted a big mosquito on the window shade. He turned and put his computer on the desk, but got the cord hung on the handle on the side of his chair. When he got up from the chair, the computer was pulled from its resting spot right to the floor!! Crash is all I can say. When we picked it up all was in tact, but the screen was all sorts of crazy and when we looked closer you could tell that it was a zillion pieces. Well, he was just sick, I was just sick, and neither one of us said anything.

On Saturday morning, after sleeping on the situation, I got up deciding that we would go to Best Buy and replace his computer. At first he was not agreeable, but after explaining to him...

that we don't share too well and especially computers. And it was fact that he needed his own and that was going to be the end of the story. He still argued to some extent, but finally, I brought him around to my way of thinking. So, we went next door to tell Ellie and Jim we were headed out to Best Buy. And, at this point, you have to understand that Best Buy is where Jim looses all sorts of will power. You see, he has had his eye on this camera lens for a while now and what better opportunity than now to get it. So, if I recall, the comment was, "Give us a few minutes and we will be ready to go too."

So, the four of us were off to Best Buy to make our purchases. Mark's computer had to make a run past the Geek Squad, so it was going to be a couple of hours before we could pick it up. Now, that just gave the guys the opportunity to say, "What's for lunch?" First however, we made a run through a Linens and Things store that is going out of business. I found a few things I couldn't live without and then it was off to "Moe's Southwest Grill" for lunch. After lunch, Ellie and I went to Ulta for some new makeup, etc. while the guys went to Books A Million to look around.

Now, it was time to go back to Best Buy to pick up Mark's computer. When we arrived, we found that it would still be about 30 minutes before they would be finished with it. So, we sat in the car, enjoyed the warm sunshine, and read about Ellie new WiiFit game she had purchased while Jim was getting his camera lens.

It wasn't long until Mark picked up his new toy, and we headed back to the RV Park and the guys seem to think that there was no reason for Ellie and I to cook dinner and that they would like to make one last trip to the "Pink Pig". We really didn't agree with them, but it was a loosing battle. We arrived at the RV park to check on the fur kids, and to plug in Mark's computer to let it charge. However, when I went to plug in the power cord, it didn't fit!! We had a power cord to an HP and take my word for it, it didn't fit the Toshiba. So, we put everything back in the box and Mark and I headed back to Best Buy. They were waiting on us when we got there because they too had made the discovery that they were holding a HP with the wrong cord.

Now, all is well, and we are headed back to the RV Park, called Jim and Ellie to tell them we would be there shortly and then we would go to the Pink Pig for dinner. We got back, plugged in the computer with the right cord, picked up Jim and Ellie and headed for the Pink Pig. Only, when we arrived, we found out to Jim and Mark's disappointment, they were closed. So, we came back to the motor home where Ellie and I put together tomato soup, grilled cheese sandwiches, and key lime pie. What a day this has been.

It is now Sunday afternoon, and we have had a good day and everyone is back on tract for getting taking care of their chores. Laundry is done and I am finishing up things inside while Mark is doing some outside chores. Jim made a wonderful "Low County Boil" for lunch and Ellie is now off to do laundry. We have our reservations made for tomorrow night at the Tallahassee RV Park where we will stay for only one night before heading to the Escapees RV Park in Summerdale, AL on Tuesday.

Again, we have really enjoyed Savannah, and look forward to the next time we can visit the beautiful low country. I will leave you with this picture of a pineapple that sat atop the corner post of a fence. You see pineapples everywhere, which is the symbol of true Southern Hospitality. See you down the road.

And by the way, I am not sure what ever happened to that mosquito that started this whole story.


  1. I'm so glad it was just the computer and not Mark falling and breaking something. New computers are fun to setup. Good luck. We hope to see you guys in chat.

  2. Oh my, I was exhausted just reading about it. lol.. What a day you had.
    So glad you all enjoyed your time there. Can't wait to see whats ahead.

  3. We'll see you in just a couple of days! Yay! Send me an email when you get in.

  4. Whew!! the title of this blog should be Mark - Mouse - Or Mosquito. Mark certainly has had his share of fun lately. Sorry to hear about the computer accident but glad he was able to replace it. Tell him we will look forward to seeing him in the chat room with his new computer. Stay safe and watch out for Mark.

  5. I hear you may be making a return trip home for the Holidays. Will you be joining us for the annual 5K?! I think you would get some extra WW points for it!! Jeremy