Wednesday, September 10, 2008

News from Norris

Good Morning Red Bay!

One more day we were up early and ready for what ever the day in Red Bay might bring.

Well, a little before 8 a.m. Norris finally showed up. He wanted to know if we had anything done yet. Uh, no, we have been waiting on you...well, he said, are you in a hurry? No, we aren't in a hurry, it is just frustrating that we have to be here with a brand new coach. Well, we are are running about 2 weeks behind, but...I'll see if I can get you into an express bay to take care of part of the list.

But, in the meantime, if Belmont calls first go there and then we will get you in the express bay. And while you are at Belmont, tell them to fix the things on the list that they can. But, then there are the items, like the a/c that neither Belmont nor the express bay can fix. Bottom line...2 weeks and we will get you taken care of!

Now, this is not all bad. The weather isn't too bad. I have several projects that can keep me busy, plus a good book or two, and free wifi. We have friends here, Jim and Ellie, who introduced us to Bob and Sharon, so we have made some new friends.

And not all is lost...Luke did make it yesterday as scheduled. We now have an awning and the max air vents.

I look at this as an adventure. I am enjoying my new motor home, I am not spending any money on fuel and the rent is cheap, like free! Now, would I rather be somewhere else, probably, but I'm here so let's make the best of it.

An Update From Norris...

Another visit from Norris brought promising news. Tomorrow we are going to over to Belmont, which is only about 5 miles from here. We have to be there between 6 and 7 a.m. to address all of the paint issues. Unless, there is more than I think we should probably just be there for the day. The mystery of the door painted the wrong color has been solved. It is in fact the right color, but different manufacturer. Now, there is still no excuse to me for that. But, it is going to get fixed and even the little bug that got trapped underneath the diamond shield will be gone too. We will have to come back to the campground center to have it replaced because the paint has to dry for at least 3 days before they put it back on.

Getting ready to go to Belmont...Mark has been busy with the green tape

The a/c tech came to see us and yes, there is a wire loose or not connected in the unit or at the box, so we will see him on Friday. Most of the other things will be taken care of in the 3 hour express bay. We will make the appointment with them as soon as we return from Belmont.

At least we are beginning to know that they know we are here, and by the time we leave they will know Mark by name.

And Steve...believe me I will keep your favorite song, "One Day At A Time"! I too need to be reminded.

1 comment:

  1. Hey parking lot huggers what is new with you. Hang in there Mark my main man. Drink some more beer and enjoy life. I am at work and it is time to leave so maybe I will catch you on chat tonight.

    Joe and Sherri