Saturday, April 19, 2008

This morning we woke up to a beautiful, warm and not windy day. It was off to another day at sand fest. These sculptures are just amazing to me. I just can't imagine taking a pile of sand and ending up with a work of art. What talent! And these are not even finished.
We will be going back this evening to see the progress that has been made throughout the day.
This is a must for everyone's calendar. It is always around this time of the year. I also understand that there is another one in October at South Padre Island, TX. We have had so much fun, I might have to add that one to my calendar as well.
A work in progress. Check back to see the finished sculpture.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. OK Mark we need to think of the theme that we will be using next year. I was thinking of something along the lines of a MGD bottle with a hand wrapped around it coming up out of the sand?? What are your thoughts on that. Let me see if we bought 5 cases...to be used as models only...right! Give this some thought and get back with me on it.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete