Saturday, August 23, 2008

Next Stop...Las Vegas

It has been a busy day today. We were up early with a full day ahead of us. I was off to get my hair cut and pick up a few last minute items for our trip. I can tell you that as much as I like to fly, now days it can be a chore. I know all the rules and regulations are a must, but fitting some of the items in a quart zip lock bag can be a challenge. It isn't a requirement if you are checking you baggage, but this short of a trip we decided to just carry on our bags. You can take this, but you can't take that. What do I need, and what do I not need. It can only be 3ozs. Oh, my, I get so confused. I am so use to having everything I need in the motor home and just knowing wherever I go, it is with me, that it is actually hard to pack for a trip.

Well, enough of that. Yes, I am excited about the trip. Vegas is one of my favorite places to go. Aside from the fascination of the slot machine, I love seeing all of the sites. It just amazes me how they can turn a building in the a whole city or even a country. Tomorrow we are going out to Hoover Dam. We were there in 2007 and we are both anxious to see how much progress they have made on the by-pass across the Colorado River. I want to see it from afar because I am not sure I want to drive across it after completion, even though I know it will be the only way.

In addition to packing for the trip, we had everyone over this afternoon and evening to celebrate August birthdays which included Kate, Mark, and Greg. All of the big grand kids enjoyed playing and visiting before they all start to school on Monday.

Well, I need to get to the rest of my packing as it is getting late and we have to leave for the airport at 5:30 a.m. for a 7:30 a.m. flight. I will return on Wednesday with lots of pictures to post. See you then.

4 comments:

  1. Have a great time in Vegas! Play a quarter for us!!
    Luck and Hugs to you!
    Molly & Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good we will be waiting for those pictures.

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the slots - going there with Deb and Rod from chat today!! Have a great trip and we will hear from you in chat - send a postcard please!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have an awesome trip!!

    Stay Safe
    John and Bridget

    ReplyDelete