Friday, October 3, 2008

What A Fun Day

Today is Jim's birthday and we had planned a Riverboat Lunch Cruise on the Southern Belle. We arrived downtown, parked, and walked around for a little while before boarding our boat. It was just a beautiful day for a cruise. After the cruise we drove up to Lookout Mountain and tromped around through the battle grounds. With the afternoon almost gone, we returned to the RV Park to catch our breath before heading out to the next activity. My niece plays volleyball for Union College and they were in town for a game tonight. We had planned to meet my brother and sister in law who drove up from Birmingham for the game. So, Jim and Ellie joined us and we were off to watch volleyball.


This is sort of the way our day played out and what a fun day it was!!


Happy Birthday Jim


This is our cruise ship...the little one



Our lunch was a deli buffet, with sandwiches, baked beans, potato salad, chocolate chip cookies and a drink...Yum


This is the captain of our boat...he was a good driver

A view of Lookout Mountain from the deck of the boat



We saw this houseboat parked along the river. I wonder if this is a full hook up site?

This is a walking bridge high above the Tennessee River. For my crafter friends...how would you like to set up for a show here? I was told that they have some sort of a show here every weekend.




These are a few of the homes built along the River


Some folks have to work while on the river
Off to Lookout Mountain...


Located at the top of Lookout Mountain is the entrance to Point Park. This is were the"Battle Above the Clouds" took place as well as General Sherman's assault on Missionary Ridge before his historic "March to the Sea"

Cannons used during the Civil War

The Tennessee River from Lookout Mountain.



The Volleyball Game


This is Sarah, my niece the volleyball player...great game...glad Uncle Mark and I got to see you play! By the way, Union won 3 of 4 matches.


This is Danielle, my youngest niece...what a cutie.

Well, that is about it and what a great day it has been. Jim, hope you had a great birthday.

2 comments:

  1. What a day, I'm exhausted. Great to see y'all are having a good time.

    Stay Safe
    John and Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I am trying to dry the tears I have been sheding seeing you guys have all this fun and Sherri and I still working.... I hope we enjoy the fruits of our labors...Somewhere in Time

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete