Monday, June 1, 2009

Field Trip

Today, Mark and I had made plans for a trip to Dallas. First on the list, was a trip to the Lazy Boy Warehouse where we needed to get a small repair done on the recliner. Wow, that was a quick. We thought we would have to leave it, but they got right to it and fixed it while we waited. So, we were off to the next stop, Southwest Wheels. Here, Mark stopped in to purchase a cleaning kit for the wheels on the motor home. You know, as the wheels on the bus go round and round, they must be shiny!

Then is was off to Penzeys Spice Store. Oh, no, I just can’t make up my mind. I would like to have a small jar of one of everything they have to offer. But, after much smelling…it was decision time, I made my purchase, which included Kosher Style Flake Salt, Ozark Style Seasonings, Sandwich Sprinkle, Tuscan Sunset, Pork Chop Seasoning, and last but not least, Pumpkin Pie Spice and Dutch Process High Fat Cocoa! Oh, yes, there was the Penzeys magazine too.

After spice shopping, we were off to REI Recreational Sports Store. Mark checked out some lawn chairs while I checked out the flip flops and clothes. We both looked at lots of goodies, but, we walked away with empty hands. Now, by this time we had worked up an appetite. Well, it dawned on me, that I still had a gift card for The Cheesecake Factory. So, we were off to Southlake for lunch. First, they brought us some really good iced tea and a couple of little loafs of bread. One was sour dough and the other was brown with oats on top. I quickly decided that the oats on top must mean that it was healthy. Well, it tasted healthy! LOL Okay, now lets look at the menu which was like reading a novel. Mark settled pretty quickly on Shepherds Pie. It took me a little longer, but I finally chose a Chicken with Tomato Pasta. Oh, my, I am glad they were lunch portions! We were really full, but, you can’t go there without dessert…. and even though it is the Cheesecake Factory, our choice was carrot cake. We shared! Now, I am hear to tell you that there will be no more food consumed around here for the rest of this day. And, to confirm any doubt you might have….let me assure you there was nothing about lunch that was point friendly! Thank goodness, even with a bum knee, the walk back to the car used up a few of those points.

It was time to head back to the Westside of Fort Worth and get the car unloaded. We had a really fun day and it was nice to get out after having been in for the last several days. But…for now, I think I will rest my knee and read my new magazine…you know the one about food and spices!

3 comments:

  1. Penzey's Spices and the Cheesecake Factory....You both make me so proud!!!!!(27days)..Hugs....Jim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was wrong with the Lazy Boy chair? I'm particuarly interested since we have one just like yours. Sounds like your knee is healing okay. We will mail the Freds cobbler mix this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well sorry we wern't in Dallas to go with you. Probably best we would have spent money we don't have HE HE. I do hope you mend up good and get back to walking. You would be proud of me...I am walking one mile a day..just have not lost many pounds.

    ReplyDelete