Sunday, June 13, 2010

Working on the "To Do's"

The last couple of days have been filled with putting some finishing touches on some almost completed projects and working on the "to do" list.  Organization is a must when you live in an RV, and I am always looking for a better way to accomplish that very thing.

One of those projects included getting the closet a little more under control.  So, I made trips to the clothes donation box, the paper recycling box,  and to the Half Price Bookstore.  Then, what was left,

Museum Trip 002

I dumped

Museum Trip 001

on the bed and began sorting.  Then, after a little consideration, it was off to The Container Store.  There, I found just what I needed and a perfect fit!

Museum Trip 037

With this little project, I was able to free up all of drawer space in the dresser.  Now, this will give us the extra space we need for the grandkids clothes without having to work out of suitcases for the next month.  And, then after summertime with them, we will have some great extra space.

While I have been busy with my closet project, Mark has been working on the outside.  And...

Armed with his

Museum Trip 006

Solution, wax, and buffer, he has

Museum Trip 110

worked a couple of days making sure the motor home will be nice and

Museum Trip 108

shined up for our Thursday departure!

Great job...there won't be a bug anywhere between here and New York that will be able to stick to this finish!

Then in between our projects and "to do's", I found time for a little fun which included, a trip with Kourtney to a

Gymnastics and Playing in the Water 033

gymnastics lesson.

And, then there was a trip with

Museum Trip 103

Kourtney, Kyle, my great nephew, and Caden

Museum Trip 036

for a fun day

Museum Trip 060

at the

Museum Trip 086

the children's museum.

It is now Sunday afternoon, and, with just three full days left until we leave, I am down to just a few things left on the "to do" list... So,

guess, I better get busy...be back soon!

6 comments:

  1. Love that storage solution!! The containers fit perfect. I really struggle with finding enough space for things and this is a great idea.
    I know you all are getting excited. Sounds like a great trip is planned for your "grands." :)
    Have fun!!

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! You guys have been working hard. Both the inside and outside look great! Very good ideas on the organization! I agree with you ~ it is the key to feeling good about things in the RV home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh very good organization ideas... and I like the idea of having drawers for the grandkids summer visits instead of suitcases or dufflebags (what our daughter packs for the grandson)

    I bet it's gonna be a GREAT summer!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very good organization ideas... and I like the idea of having drawers for the grandkids summer visits instead of suitcases or dufflebags (what our daughter packs for the grandson)

    I bet it's gonna be a GREAT summer!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh very good organization ideas... and I like the idea of having drawers for the grandkids summer visits instead of suitcases or dufflebags (what our daughter packs for the grandson)

    I bet it's gonna be a GREAT summer!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a pretty impressive RV there! Especially with that newly added "shine" layer. It looks like you guys are based at home for the moment but I'd like to share with you a new (Free) iPhone app that should help with planning future RV/camping trips. We're quite proud of our app. Which lists 18,000 parks & lets you search for new parks by current location, state or city. Feel free to email me back with any questions or feedback. All of our reviews are created by real RV enthusiasts like yourself.

    iPhone app - http://rvparking.com/iphone

    Useful website - RVParking.com is a community site where anyone can review campgrounds,state parks and RV parks that they have visited for free. Mobile version also available.

    http://www.rvparking.com/

    Happy RVin!
    Amanda
    amanda@rvparking.com

    ReplyDelete