Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Not Quite In Red Bay

Did anyone hear a loud scream today? If you did, it was Mark all the way from Red Bay.

Yeah, today, we got in a bay this morning to take care of the last 4 items on our list...that is...until...they found the propane line to the hot water heater had a kink in it! Well, after they discussed two or three different fixes to it, all of which Mark vetoed, nothing was done. So, this afternoon after closing time Mark and I went to the factory to find a 2009 Phaeton in the early stages of production to see how this line is suppose to be run from start to finish. After seeing for ourselves, Mark will be at the plant in the morning at 6:00 to pick up the hose and parts necessary to fix our problem. Then, at 7:00 when the service bay opens, Mark will be there to instruct the service tech on how to fix the problem. He assures me it will be okay.

Now, it has been me keeping Mark in tow these last few weeks and assuring him all will be okay, but when it comes to safety issues, it is I that becomes a little irate! I have no room for error when it comes to things like kinked propane hoses, etc. So, now it is Mark that is trying to keep me in tow and it may be me that is in Mr. Tiffin's office before this is said and done.

The only thing that I can be assured of at this point in time is that this motor home should be better than new because it has been in service longer than it took them to build it originally. LOL

Hope we have better news tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you. Ours also spent the first month in repair. Where are we now? In repair waiting on a faucet and a TV. While you wait, you do have one beautiful coach to call home.

    Hope to see you on the road!
    Hugs, Karon

    ReplyDelete