Friday, January 30, 2009

Let's Catch Up

The last few days have been filled with lots of things to do therefore, I have not be good about posting. So, I need to catch up on our adventures.
Wednesday was laundry day which took most of the morning. After that, I had planned to work on a scrapbook I needed to paint. But instead, I started playing with a digital picture frame that Mark got for Christmas. Ellie and I thought that we had it working, but it kept draining the batteries. So, we took it back to Wallmart and chose another one that doesn't need batteries. By the time we did that the day was gone.
Thursday, as many of you know was Ellie's birthday and the day for our weekly Weight Watchers meeting. She and I left out early and headed in to Rockport to get a pedicure before our meeting. Afterwards we set out to find a Starbucks, but the only one in town had closed, so we journeyed on to our WW meeting. I only showed a small loss this week. But that is okay as I am maintaining about 8 pounds below my goal weight. But, wow, Ellie lost 2 lbs and is now down 30 pounds from when we started in September. You go girl!
After we finished with our meeting, we headed home where Jim and Mark were waiting for us with Ellie's birthday lunch on the table. She had requested homemade hamburgers and I had already made an almost point friendly chocolate dessert. After lunch we drove in to Corpus to the mall and spent the rest of the afternoon shopping. What a fun day. Again, Ellie, happy birthday, and I am glad we were here to share the big one with you. LOL
All of this brings us to today which is Friday and I was determined not to do one thing today until I

finished painting this book and had it ready to mail. This is about my 5th or 6th year to paint the scrapbook cover for the Women's Basketball team. I feel so special to get to do this.
While I was painting, Ellie and Jim needed to go to the store and Mark decided he was going out to take a few pictures. While Ellie and Jim only brought back shrimp for our boil on Sunday, Mark brought back a few pictures...

this blue heron is resting on the park bench while

these guys are catching lunch
while this guy stands guard!

By the time he finished his bird adventure and returned home, I was finished with the book and Jim and Ellie had returned from the store. Ellie came over and wanted to know if we wanted to go and do a little geocaching...sure! So I loaded some finds in "Flo" and off we went.

Our first stop was at a small birding area.
where we had to cross this bridge in order to

find this. We signed the log to document our find and then we were off to the next cach which took us just around the corner

Ellie spotted this one under a tree. Wow, we are two for two, and on a roll. Next, "Flo" directed us to the Rockport Cemetery where


Mark found this one. Once again, we signed the log, and placed it back in it's hiding spot and were on the road for find number 4. We knew that the next one was small, but...

small it was! And, there really was a log in there to sign! LOL This is such fun. I can hardly wait to take our grandchildren geocaching. They will have so much fun. However, I am afraid they will all want their own GPS.


Our next one, "Flo" directed us down by one of the piers, but Ellie didn't have it downloaded in her GPS, so we couldn't pinpoint the location and Flo only got us in the general area. We found where it might have been, but there was nothing on the end of the string. We will go back to see if we can find it. Well, we have time for one more today and

Ellie found this little yellow duck.
We had a great day and now the guys were telling us they were really really hungry and the China A buffet was calling their name. Those silly guys! Yes, they got their way.
We got back to the RV park in time for me to get in a 2 mile walk. I needed it after the China A. And, that about wraps up our last few days. We are looking forward to a great weekend. So, until next time, I hope you too have a great weekend and we look forward to catching up with each of you somewhere soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment