Thursday, July 31, 2014

Adventures Continue...

July 29, 2014

We left Illinois in the rearview mirror and headed South...on to the next adventure.  We originally planned a stop in St. Louis, but, when we got there, it just didn't appeal to either of us.  I think we were both ready to get to the business at hand, so, we drove on.  And, some 500 miles down the road, we pulled into


Camp Red Bay!

It was early evening when we reached our destination.  However, sixteen rigs had already arrived today, and the service center campground was full.  Art, the campground host told us it could be a couple of days before he had a site for us.  We decided to go to the new Downtown RV Park, located behind the post office.  It is just a paved lot, but has full hook ups and shade trees!  And, since the days are warm, we decided to opt for the full hookups.

After a good, but, long day, it was nice to be parked...even in Red Bay!

July 30, 2014

This morning, we were up early, and ready to make a plan.  We turned in our paperwork at the service center and now starts the wait.  So, while we wait for Norris, the service writer, to come visit, Mark headed to the body shop to consult with


Bruce Deaton regarding what we call


the Whitehorse Boo Boo...aka...the green metal barrel that jumped out and grabbed us!

When the Gorilla Tape Band-Aid came off and after the damage was assessed,


one fender and three compartment doors are being


repaired or replaced.

And, the Teslin Bridge Boo Boo, better known as the flat tire, required


a little TLC to the compartment door on the passenger side.

Bruce assured us he would take care of us, so

while the motor home was in his care, we headed out for


breakfast at Jack's.

  After breakfast, Norris caught up with us at the body shop to go over our service list, which then left us free for the rest of the day.  I headed off to get a haircut, while Mark made a trip to the service center to make arrangements about how we were going to handle the broken jack.

By late afternoon, Bruce had the body work done, the doors primed and back on the coach.  Art called and had


an available site at the service here is home for the next week or so!

July 31, 2014

This morning came very early.  Bruce wanted us back to the paint shop by


6:00 a.m.  The only light of day came from inside the bay!  Once again, we left the coach with them and headed to

DSC_3915 of Mark's favorite places!

On our way back into town, we stopped and shopped at Fred's and The Dollar Store.  By the time we returned to the body shop,


the painting was well under way.  And, by early afternoon,


all the boo boos were just a thing of the past!

  Now, we can start working on the rest of the list.

Tonight, we enjoyed dinner at


Costa Oaxaquena, a new to us Mexican Food Restaurant in Belmont.

Excellent food, a great way to end a day in Red Bay.


  1. I don't blame you for passing St. Louis. Big cities just don't interest us.

  2. Glad your body work was done so quickly! The coach looks beautiful again. We'll have to check out that Mexican restaurant - haven't been too happy with the one in Red Bay. And thanks for the info on the new RV park, too. If we have to go somewhere other than the service center, it will be nice to have trees.