Monday, March 16, 2009

Home and Hugs

After leaving Kerrville yesterday, we had a pretty uneventful trip to Fort Worth. We took 190 across and picked up I-35 at Belton. We had rain for most of the way, but nothing too heavy. We stopped at the outlet mall in Hillsboro, but I didn't find anything I couldn't live without. It was a nice little break anyway. Then it was on into Fort Worth. We stopped just south of town and filled up with fuel and at $1.89/gallon. We haven't seen that in a long while.

I was disappointed to leave Kerrville and all our friends, but that last mile or two home was too long when I remembered what was awaiting me at home. Karen had called and said all the kids and grand kids were coming for dinner, as she reminded me that we had been gone again for almost 3 months. I have to admit that I always enjoy myself while we are out on the road, but I always cherish the moments we spend at home with family.

Parked in our barn in Fort Worth


This is spring break week in Fort Worth so Karen is off work. So she and Kourtney will be here all week. Zachary may come for a day this week and our Mr. Brooks is staying with us all this week. Andrew and Lauren are with their other grandparents for the week. I will be anxious to see them when they return.


Mark did a little motor home and car cleaning today while I did laundry and played with babies. It is now almost dinner time so I will see you all tomorrow. I hope you all had a piece of the beautiful sunshine that made this a great day.

Enjoying the sunshine with Karen, Koutney, and Caden

3 comments:

  1. My how the kids have grown. Caden's hair looks a lot redder than it was when we saw him last. Hope roses you guys bwfore you leave again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww they are sooo cute Dortha. Seems to me everyone is cleaning the homes after that trip. Miss you still Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you are so happy to see the kiddos - tell them all "hi" from us!

    Red Bay hasn't changed much, we just have a slightly different view this time.

    See you soon,
    Ellie & Jim

    ReplyDelete