Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday Treasures

We woke to a cloudy day, but at least it wasn't raining. So, after coffee and a bite of breakfast, Mark and I headed out for our morning walk. We changed up the route and got in 3.25 miles today. We just made it home when it started to rain, but it didn't last long enough to know it had even rained. We just sort of wasted away the the rest of the morning and the early afternoon. Before I knew it, it was time to pick up Andrew and Lauren from school.
I had been telling them about the new game, "geocaching". So today, Lauren wanted to give it a try. We downloaded three caches to the new Garmin, Oregon 200 and off we went.
This was our first stop and an easy find. Great job guys! We signed the log and then it was on to find #2

We found it was just down the road. If you look closely, you can see it too! In fact, Lauren saw it before we got out of the car. This one was a little more exciting as it was a box with trinkets.
Oh, my, what do I take, and what do I leave?
Okay, time for one more today
and it took us to this field behind the grocery store

and it took us a little longer to locate it, but what a find! It was a large ammo box filled with trinkets. Andrew laughed at the chair, while


Lauren chose a troll with pink hair.
Great job kids on your first day of geocaching.

3 comments:

  1. How cool is that. I know the kids had fun. We will have to try this out sometime when we are all together.

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey yall! Welcome home!! If you are ever looking for a great day of Caching, try Mineral Wells. Great caches both inside the park, and around town. A couple old cemetery ones. Those are my favorites!

    Take care, and I'll probably see you soon! Come walk with us today!

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey great idea, I am going to have to try it with my grands. :)

    Don and Cheryl

    ReplyDelete