Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Shopping, Birthdays, and Rain

Yesterday, after our morning walks, Sherri, Gina, Karen, Becky, and I all piled into Sherri's truck and headed to Fredericksburg for shopping. We had a great time. We all purchased jelly, hot sauce, pickles, and spices. I found a cast iron skillet I had been looking for at the Dooley's 5 &10 store. I got a pretty little needle work sign while Gina and Sherri got new outdoor mats. And, when we had walked and shopped up and down both sides of the street it was time to head back to Kerrville to the party.


We had made plans to go out to dinner at Mamacita's for Brenda's birthday. For those of you who didn't get to attend, here is a glimpse of the evening...



We chose this great Mexican Food Restaurant for the party


Here is the Birthday girl arriving at the party

We all wish her Happy Birthday from one end of the table to the other

Mac, don't confuse the waiter

Custom at this restaurant is that the birthday girl wear the sombrero

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday, dear Brenda, Happy Birthday to you!


Joe trying to get in on the fun!

During the night, the rain began and it was still raining when we got up this morning. I saw that John, Brenda, Joe, and Sherri got their walk in, but I was too slow and the rains came. Mark and I then decided to go do a little shopping on our own today. I needed some new walking shoes and he was looking for a cover for his gas grill. I got my shoes, he didn't have such good luck. We stopped for a sandwich and then headed back for Kerrville.
Shortly after getting back to the motor home, John and Brenda stopped in for a visit. We had a good visit and lots of laughs. The rain slacked up just a bit and they headed for their house. It is raining hard again with even a little rumble of thunder. The forecast is for more of the same tonight and tomorrow. Therefore, there are no plans for dinner tonight, but, I imagine we all have a few leftovers in our fridge and none of us will starve until the next planned meal. LOL!
Also, congratulations to my friend, Ellie. She called me early this morning from her Weight Watchers meeting to let me know she had finally reached her goal of returning to her goal weight. Ellie, I am so sorry I wasn't there to celebrate with you. Keep up the good work.

So, for now, I am going to snuggle in and just enjoy this much needed rain. Again, Happy Birthday Brenda. I am so glad we were all able to share it with you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for such a wonderful evening. I am so greatful that we were able to come a meet each and every one of you. I will remember this birthday for ever.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete