Wednesday, April 29, 2009

One Last Bay?

Today we were up early just in case they called us to come to a bay. And, sure enough around 9:00 a.m. they called and told us to report to Bay #19 for paint. So, we pulled in the slides, put a few things away so Mark could pull out of our site to make an immediate right turn and straight into the bay. The trip took maybe 2 minutes. LOL Anyway, we got settled into the bay and Mark pointed out to Stacy all the nicks, scraps, and scratches he wanted addressed. While Stacy got started, Mark was off to locate our missing window shade. Daniel said he gave it to Greg. So, now to locate Greg. It wasn't too hard to find Greg, but he seemed to be too busy to hang the shade...probably not today....maybe Friday...maybe next week. He wasn't sure. At that point, Mark made it very clear to him that he had been without a window shade for 2 weeks and he wasn't planning on being here for any of those choices. So, Greg said he would give the shade back to Daniel and he or his helper could reinstall it. Well, it wasn't long until it started to rain and the window shade is riding around in the back of Greg's cart. So, once again, Mark was off to find Greg or Daniel and his window shade. He did find Greg and retrieved his shade from the rain. As it turned out with the rain, Greg couldn't finish the job he was in the middle of, so he would come down after lunch and rehang the window shade. Finally, one more item off the list. Now, we just have to finish with the painters.
At the end of their work day, all was finished with the exception of the top of the front and rear caps that were a little shy of clear coat. Stacy made arrangements for Mark to be back in the paint bay at 7:00 in the morning. So for now, we were off to the campground....but when we returned, parked and were getting set up, we realized that the right front jack was not extending all the way to the ground. Oh, brother! Quickly, Mark headed back over to the service bay to let someone know that we were having a problem. Too, bad, it is time to go home, so they will have to address that problem tomorrow after we finish in the paint department. We are not sure if it just failed or if something happened to it yesterday when we were at Brandon's getting the add on's done? Guess we will have to wait and see what they find out.
Bottom line...they need to get things wrapped up as we are planning on leaving here on Friday... or not? And, so goes life at Camp Red Bay.


  1. So just as I suspicioned all that polishing has worn the clear coat off. Good luck with your fixes and hope you get out of their before the weekend.

  2. Looks like you are making good progress. I would love to see your 'punch list' of things you added and or got fixed. It has taken a while but it looks like things are getting done. Thanks for the pictures. Love your blog.

    Randy and Pam

  3. I don't think they paint them motorhomes as good as them firetrucks!!!LOL Keep charging Mark sooner or later they will get it completed and I'm sure Dortha is hoping it will be Thursday. Ya'll have fun and Enjoy

    Rollie & Gina

  4. Dortha,
    Just saw you comment on our blog, (Oh, how I do need to get it updated. Been working on the house, so just haven't had much to say, except that we are tired.) We have a volunteer position with Washington State Parks, and will be at Dash Point State Park just south of Seattle on Puget Sound, July through September. It's just 23 miles from our daughter, so will get to see them quite a lot. Where will you be in Washington? Send me an email so we can keep in touch.

  5. Better get out of there soon before something else goes wrong. I know Mark is frustrated for sure! We put our repairs off for another time...still can't find time to go and have it all done...two items but I have to take it there and Sherri and I are so booked up???